The gold sovereign is an iconic British coin that before 1932 was fully circulated within the Gold Standard currency of the time.
• Weight of 7.99 grams.
• Contains 7.32 grams of gold.
• Diameter of 22.05mm.
• Comes in several forms, including half gold sovereign, £2 (or double) gold sovereign and £5 (or quintuple) gold Sovereign.
• Different types of sovereign bear various portraits of different British monarchs, including George V, Queen Victoria, King Edward VII and Elizabeth II.
Gold Britannias have been issued by the Royal Mint since 1987.
• Contains one troy ounce of gold.
• Issued in fractional sizes of one ounce Britannia, half ounce Britannia, quarter ounce Britannia and tenth ounce Britannia.
• Gold Britannias weigh 31.04 g with a diameter of 38.61 mm.
• Britannias minted before 2013 are 22ct gold. Since then they have been 24ct.
• Britannias are also issued in silver.